This week I’ve been in NYC to attend Book Expo America (BEA) and the Bloggers’ Con. Today is the last day of events, so soon I will have a full report on what I did, who I saw, and what great books I got.
Just a few highlights:
- Four days in NYC – one of my favorite places!
- Meeting lots of new blogging friends and seeing “old timers”!
- Interesting sessions!
- Exhibits – Exhibits – Exhibits!
- Lots of FREE books that I will be reading and reviewing and also maybe holding a few giveaways! (I managed to meet the authors of and get signed copies of both “Convergence” and “We Were Liars” – major squee! – sorry, but I have to keep those)
- Wonderful authors that I got to meet in person!
- Theater friends take note: Author Breakfast hosted by Neil Patrick Harris!! (that warrants two exclamation points)
- Timing that coincided with “Manhattenhenge”!
- All in all, a great few days!
Look to this space in the near future to see what I learned and what I came home with this year.
Also I had the wonderful opportunity to spend time with Marybeth Zeman, author of TALES OF A JAILHOUSE LIBRARIAN, which I finished shortly before leaving for NYC. I’ll be reviewing her book and writing about our chat together.
Nothing like a few days away to rejuvenate this blogger!