Beth's Book-Nook Blog

Reviews of What I've Been Reading….

Saturday Snapshot: FRUITLANDS!

on July 13, 2013

photo (2) FRUITLANDS

A couple of weeks ago my dear friend, Pat, and I went to Fruitlands, a museum in Harvard, MA (above). Fruitlands is one of the many places that the Alcotts lived (in 1842). It is so very beautiful there! We enjoyed the view, went through the Alcott farmhouse museum (red farmhouse down the hill) and the art museum, and ate lunch at their scrumptious cafe. They also have an emphasis and exhibits on Native Americans and on Shakers.

Here’s a robin, just taking off!

photo (2) ROBIN

Here’s Pat posing by some art they had on display: metal dresses!

photo (2) SILLY PAT

SATURDAY SNAPSHOT is hosted by Melinda of www.westmetromommy.blogspot.com. You can participate by taking a picture and posting it to Melanie’s site. Appropriate content please!

13 responses to “Saturday Snapshot: FRUITLANDS!

1. DoingDewey says:

It’s so hard to get a picture of birds sitting still! Especially robins, they’re to flighty. I love the interactive art! Very cool.

2. Kaye says:

Wow, these are great! Love the first shot’s background vista. So scenic!

3. Lisa says:

Love the metal dress! I may have to put Fruitlands on my Weekend Getaway list.

My sculptural snapshots

4. Beth Hoffman says:

It looks so lush and serene. I would love to visit there!

5. What a beautiful and unique place that is! These are lovely photos… nice shot of the Robin! 😉

6. readerbuzz says:

I must add this site to my Pinterest board for Lit Destinations! Thanks.

Here’s my Saturday Snapshot.

7. I bet a metal dress would be very uncomfortable! My snapshot is at http://goo.gl/LUiDP

8. Paulita says:

I think Lady Gaga needs a metal dress. Nice shot of the bird in flight. Here’s Mine

9. How fun – especially that metal dress…LOL

10. Elizabeth says:

Gorgeous photos. Love your “metal” dress.

THANKS for sharing.

Elizabeth
    Silver’s Reviews
    My Saturday Snapshot

Let me know what you think!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s